9 Criteria To Choose The Best Debt Relief Company
Are you thinking about using a debt relief but not sure how to find a company that is reputable,honest,trustworthy,and won’t rip you off?
More people today than ever are turning to debt relief companies as a result of economic challenges. These companies offer a solution and put peace of mind back into your household’s finances. Advertising for debt settlement is becoming quite common. You may have received an email,seen a late night commercial,or heard a radio advertisement promising to eliminate your debt for pennies on the dollar. Very rarely do any of these advertisements address how long the debt settlement process can take. There are several factors that will dictate this time frame.
Your savings depends on your creditors,the delinquency of your debt,the state you live in,the type of purchases,and your current financial hardship.
Here are some facts and statistics:
Debt Consolidation companies have relationships with thousands of creditors nationwide. Over 1 million people have been assisted in consolidated their unsecured loans,bills,and credit card debts into one easy payment,while saving thousands of dollars in unnecessary interest & credit fees.
Over half of all American households have trouble meeting their minimum monthly obligations. Up until about 10 years ago,the only option was a debt consolidation program. Today,thousands of people are turning to debt settlement. Since the average household has 14 credit cards,debt consolidation companies were created to help those families concerned with credit debt elimination.
So how do you choose which company is right for you? I evaluated 17 of the top debt relief companies based on the following criteria:
- Can they help you reduce your unsecured debt with various types of programs that best suit your needs?
- Are they a Member of the Chamber of Commerce in good standing?
- Are they a Member of TASC – The Association Of Settlement Companies?
- Are they a Member of IAPDA – International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators?
- Do they have fast Customer Service response times?
- Do they have a very high customer rating as no one can give a better evaluation of a company than those who have used them before?
- Do they offer flexible program based on what you have available on a monthly basis?
- Do they work with unsecured debt and tax debt to help you with the widest possible help?
- Do they offer online access to your account?
Before you agree to a debt relief company do your research and ask the needed questions to make an informed decision on which debt settlement company best suits your needs.